List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    KURL
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1997-07-14 23:57:03

Hi!

I've changed kurl to fit my wishes from last weekend. I've added
encode_url and decode_url and I've added port(), that returns the
port number, if one is given. I hope this will be used within
http.cpp, since there is currently 80 hardcoded.
I've changed the constructor a little bit. If there is a file with
starting "/", a URL with "file:" is constructed with a encoded URL.
I hope, we can change the code of kfm to let him using the new code.
As far as I can see, the current URL class is RFC conform, but it
must handled in the right way.

I've mailed Kalle to allow me commiting to kdelibs, but I'm afraid
he's sleeping yet, so I don't expect an answer before tomorrow.

To the progressive loading: I got the reply from Taj, he was so inspired
by the idea of animated GIF, that he coded KAnimation last weekend, so
I think, the train is rolling :-)

Greets, Stephan

--
Stephan Kulow (coolo@kde.org)