List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: khtmlw-0.7.9
From:       Martin Jones <mjones () powerup ! com ! au>
Date:       1997-06-26 8:28:02

Stefan Taferner wrote:

> At 21:12 25.06.97 +1000, Martin wrote:
> > Added printing capability - just call HTMLView::print()
> > There are still some unresolved printing issues:
> >  * should the background be printed?
>
> No. Many pages have a background that has some sort of marmor effect or
> something like that. It won´t increase readability.
> Or think of the pages that have a dark background (black/blue).
>
> >  * should all text be printed black?
>
> Yes if no background is printed. Otherwise the text should be printed in
> the actual color.
>
> However, keep in mind that most color pages may not look good on
> b/w printers.

I guess all these need to be configurable really.

> >  * should highlighted text be printed highlighted?
>
> Highlighted? Do you mean text with a different color or one with a different
> font?

Text selected with the mouse

> >  * do we want to print headers/footers?
>
> If the html widget is the main source for printer output in the future then
> probably yes. Does the HTML definition contain headers/footers at the
> moment?

I think I'll add some virtual functions:

virtual void printHeader( QPainter *_painter, const QRect &rect, int
page );
virtual void printFooter( QPainter *_painter, const QRect &rect, int
page );

Each application can draw its own header/footers.

--
bye,
Martin Jones