List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KLook - quick preview extension for Dolphin
From:       Frank Reininghaus <frank78ac () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2012-08-09 12:59:12

Hi Sergey,

2012/8/8 Sergey Borovkov:
> Hi, please take a look at our application for quick file preview called
> Klook. You can read about it here
> http://lists-archives.com/kde-devel/28083-several-new-utilities-for-kde-klook-and-stackfolder.html
> Since that time we have added support for pdf, odt and some other types
> using Okular KPart.
> We would like to integrate Klook in Dolphin and make neccessary changes/work
> for this. You can find KLook sources here - git://anongit.kde.org/klook or
> here https://abf.rosalinux.ru/uxteam/KLook

first of all, thanks for your interest in improving Dolphin! I might
need some time until I can have a closer look at KLook. If I
understand correctly, I have to apply both

kdebase-4.8.1-dolphin-klook.patch
kdebase-4.8.3-dolphin-klook-overlay-icon.patch

from the KLook repository to Dolphin to make it work, right?

Do I understand correctly that you are only asking to integrate these
patches into Dolphin and want to distribute KLook as a separate
application? Moreover, are you willing to maintain all KLook code,
which includes responding to any KLook-related bug reports that we
will get from Dolphin users? There might be quite a few of them (at
first, I was quite shocked by the amount of bug-mails that I get since
I took over Dolphin's maintainership).

Best regards,
Frank