List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gnash] Re: Flash using Gnash for KDE = Klash
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2006-03-13 20:18:10

On Monday 13 March 2006 17:29, Rob Savoye wrote:
> Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > It seems to be in gnash's CVS now as well. Is this the latest version?
>
>    Yes, it was contributed. This is the same code, but I merged the
> configure/build stuff into the existing support so it'd fit into Gnash
> better.
>
> > Klash plugin gets loaded flawlessly but playback flickers a lot. In the
> > second animation, where Steff is fighting gladiator-like in an arena, I
> > can see him being drawn with white shirt and tie before the armor is
> > drawn over it on every move he makes.
>
>    Needless to say, while Gnash plays many Flash movies, it doesn't do
> all of them correctly. I haven't seen the flickering, but I'm mostly
> deep in debugging the real plugin, and have mostly been using the
> MozPlugger support in Firefox otherwise.

Sorry, this is a misunderstanding.
I meant that gnash when invoked directly is playing the movie without any
problem, when embedded in Konqueror it shows the mentioned symptoms.

I verified it with a flash file on disk, i.e. opening the swf file in
Konqueror filemanager mode vs. gnash from commandline.

> > (gnash standalone works visually but has no sound)
>
>    Sound is being worked on. There was minimal sound support, but it's
> being rewritten to work more the way it's supposed to. There are also
> unfortunately issues with the legalities of MP3 support.

No problem, I was just reporting an observation. It could have been a setup
problem or something like that.

Cheers,
Kevin

--