List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Win32 Port of Safari
From:       Alan Gutierrez <ajglist () izzy ! net>
Date:       2003-01-09 14:36:58

Steve Hutton wrote:
 > In article <3E1CF94D.4010706@izzy.net>, Alan Gutierrez wrote:

 >>I am considering using VCF to implement the guts of Kwq for Win32.

 >>http://sourceforge.net/projects/vcf/

 >>Can anyone recommend a C++ GUI library for Win32, one that supports
 >>lightweight controls?
 >
 > How about fltk?
 > http://www.fltk.org/

Fast Light Toolkit. Sounds about right. Thank you.

A Mr Adrian Philip Look wrote to recommend http://www.wxwindows.org. He
offered to answer questions, and pointed me towards the wxwindows newsgroup.

I've considered VCF. It is an ambitious project. I don't think it is quite
right for this port.

Using a toolkit, for now, may make development faster.  In the end, if the
controls are few and simple, I might move towards programming directly to the
GDI for the sake of performance. Since KHTML already runS on Mac and Unix, and
extra portability layer will be unecessary.

Alan Gutierrez