Steve Hutton wrote: > In article <3E1CF94D.4010706@izzy.net>, Alan Gutierrez wrote: >>I am considering using VCF to implement the guts of Kwq for Win32. >>http://sourceforge.net/projects/vcf/ >>Can anyone recommend a C++ GUI library for Win32, one that supports >>lightweight controls? > > How about fltk? > http://www.fltk.org/ Fast Light Toolkit. Sounds about right. Thank you. A Mr Adrian Philip Look wrote to recommend http://www.wxwindows.org. He offered to answer questions, and pointed me towards the wxwindows newsgroup. I've considered VCF. It is an ambitious project. I don't think it is quite right for this port. Using a toolkit, for now, may make development faster. In the end, if the controls are few and simple, I might move towards programming directly to the GDI for the sake of performance. Since KHTML already runS on Mac and Unix, and extra portability layer will be unecessary. Alan Gutierrez