List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: Webdav + Zope
From:       "Hamish Rodda" <meddie () yoyo ! its ! monash ! edu ! au>
Date:       2002-03-26 8:13:07

Paul,

> To what extent do you have to do Kpart development in C++?  Can Python
> be used in the future?

My guess is only a C++ class to encapsulate the python process, but
that's more a question for others to answer. However, I have been
thinking harder about how to achieve a proper implementation of the
advanced features (file locking etc., for those who haven't been
following), and I feel that extending the upcoming KFileMetaInfo API to
also handle per protocol meta info (eg. any URL starting with webdav://
would invoke the plugin) would be the best solution, integrating these
features eg. in any KDE File dialog (which the KPart would not achieve).
I will look at the api soon (holidays ;) and see how suitable it is.
KFileMetaInfo developers, any thoughts?

> As long as Kate doesn't eat attributes from foreign namespaces.  Amaya
> used to do this, as did Mozilla.  That is, the attributes you added
> would disappear when you saved the file.

As far is I know Kate is a text editor + syntax highlighting. No
munching of user input.

Cheers,

Hamish.