List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Javascript-Problem on http://www.finanztreff.de
From:       Matthias Welk <welk () fokus ! gmd ! de>
Date:       2002-03-24 17:57:35

On Saturday 23 March 2002 01:23, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 22 March 2002 21:12, Matthias Welk wrote:
> > As I allready described, I can't login into http://www.finanztreff.de if
> > javascript is enabled.
> >
> > After debugging it, I found the problem.
> > The following script inside the page reloads the page every 10
> > milliseconds even if the window isn't rezised.
> >
> > 		<script language="JScript" FOR="window" EVENT="onresize">
> > 		<!--
> > 			if (document.all) {
> > 				setTimeout('history.go(0)',10 );
> > 			}
> > 		//-->
> > 		</script>
> >
> > If I remove this part all works fine.
> > So, why is the "onresize"-event triggered if I don't manipulate the
> > window size ?
>
> Because the above isn't standard Javascript code at all....
> The <script FOR="window" EVENT="onresize"> stuff.
> In normal JS code this should be window.onresize=myfunction()
> and myfunction() { setTimeout(...); }
>
> Any idea who/what defines this strange syntax (EVENT="...") ?
> Does language="JScript" refer to something different than
> language="Javascript" ?
>
> Anyway, from the above code, a very simple workaround for you is to
> set a Netscape UserAgent. Then document.all will be undefined, and
> setTimeout won't be called.

Yes, the workaround makes the site usable again, but I agree with Dirk, that
we have to support the MS javascript variant if we use the IE useragent.
So, not for 3.0 but for 3.0.1 the proposal with the eventlistener could be a
solution.

Greetings, Matthias.
From: Matthias Welk                   office:  +49-30-3463-7272
      FHG Fokus                       mobile:  +49-179- 1144752
      Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31       fax   :  +49-30-3463-8672
      10589 Berlin		      email : welk@fokus.fhg.de