List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KIOSlave errors an konqueror's handling of them
From:       Hamish Rodda <meddie () yoyo ! cc ! monash ! edu ! au>
Date:       2002-01-25 14:56:34

>>   QString buildFancyErrorString(int errorCode, const QString &errorText);
>
>I'd call it
>buildHTMLErrorString() instead ;)
>or just HTMLErrorString()

sounds good.

>Yup, but you also need to add support for error:// in khtml, and call it in
>KonqRun::handleError()  (as I see it)

I was just going to hack away at KHTMLPart... pseudo code:

void KHTMLPart::showError( KIO::Job* job )

if user wants html error pages

call and write data from buildHTMLErrorString

otherwise call and write data from buildErrorString

Now, is there any way I could include active links to KDE services, such as
control panel options, without being validly criticised for introducing
security concerns?

And, where/who should I ask about getting the format right for i18n stuff, ie
the merits of docbook vs. plain html?

I think that's all the info I need to do this...

>> Then I have to write the pages... ;)
>>
>:)

I asked on #kde if anyone wanted to help... they asked if I would pay them :)

Hamish