List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    KIOSlave errors an konqueror's handling of them
From:       Hamish Rodda <meddie () yoyo ! cc ! monash ! edu ! au>
Date:       2002-01-25 7:57:47

When calling error( int _errid, const QString &_text ); in an kioslave, what
content should the QString hold? The reason I ask is errors such as the
timeout error give something like (can't remember exactly):

Timeout on Timed out while waiting to connect to %1

where %1 is the host... and I don't want to have to dig through konq's code to
find out who was right, the ioslave to return a full sentance, or konq for
prepending part of the sentance already.

In fact, I'd even be happy to overhaul konq's error message presentation, with
the option of fancy error messages, but I guess it would have to wait for 3.1
with the i18n changes and all...

Hamish