List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Strange KJS-frames bug?
From:       Mukhsein Johari <arashi1 () pd ! jaring ! my>
Date:       2001-12-20 5:22:50

Hello all,

I recently tested a frameset with some inter-frame javascript and was
surprised to find this strange behaviour in konqi. If you have 2 frames with
javascript passing data from one frame to another, it doesn't _happen_ until
you bring the mouse cursor to the target frame. Note, you don't need to click
on the target frame simply need to move the mouse pointer to it. It also
happens when trying to send data from children windows.

I can't remember but I think it used to work in konqi before 2.0. Regardless,
it works in netscape and mozilla.

I am using KDE 2.2.2 (cannot switch to 3.0b at this time - too much work to
do) I did not submit the bug report because I don't know if it still exists
in 3.0. Could someone check? Thanks.

I have included the test case here. (the js clock in the middle frame is only
to show that js is working) - be sure to try the "open input window" link in
the top frame.

The parent doc is "frameset.html"

I don't know if the bug needs to be fixed in 2.x but certainly in 3.x as we
are going to install KDE3 workstations for our clients as soon as it hits 3.0
final. (and I'd rather not install mozilla on them, as far as possible :-/)

This issue is quite important for 'web-events' to work properly. See this
article for more info on "Event-Driven Internet":

http://www.byte.com/documents/s=1816/byt20011128s0003/1203_udell.html

Cheers,
--
Regards,