List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Problems with cvs version of konqueror
From:       Otto Bruggeman <bruggie () home ! nl>
Date:       2001-12-16 18:40:29

Hi,

i noticed over the past days a couple of annoying things when using konq
as my webbrowser. Here they are:

1. I have had some problems when clicking on links on
http://www.tweakers.net (which is misrendered but it does not really
bother me, the html sucks, it can't be validated with xhtml 1.0
strict/transitional or html 4.0 strict/transitional) that it would not
show the beginning of the new page but somewhere scrolled down even though
it should have started at the top, i can't reproduce it anymore with this
mornings code but i wanted to mention it anyway because it was really
annoying.

2. http://members.surfeu.fi/kklaine/primebear.html
De bear poops primenumbers :) but the trouble is that the box on the left
with the stats is increasing in size gradually and the image is
therefore moved to the right so the bears starts pooping out of its mouth
or if you wait long enough the pooping is covered by the stats window
(prime now should be around 600 or so). So there are some javascript
problems on this page. Oh and the button stats on does nothing, i assume
the stats should be shown when that button is pressed and not before
because the button then changes into stats off.

3. When you increase the font size on a page with the + and - buttons
in the toolbar and move to the next page the font has the same increment
as the previous page as compared to the original, so far so good. If you
now press increase or decrease font again it starts at the original
fontsize again instead of at the incremented fontsize that you had left
over from the previous page. On some pages i have to increment the
fontsize 3 or 4 times for the text to be readable and when it collapses
back to original size and the machine is a bit under load it can take up
to a half minute before the font has finally the size that it is readable
again so this is really annoying behaviour.

4. Sometimes when flash stuff is on a site, for instance start.home.nl (i
hope it is accessible from the outside if not ask me and i will mirror it
somehow on my site) i get the annoying save/open/cancel dialog and after
pressing cancel the flash stuff is not shown, but after a reload of the
page the question is not asked again but instead it shows the
flashanimations without problems this time.

5. www.troublesathome.nl I dont now if this is my problem but with my
default font size i dont see every entry in the top frame. It could be
that my default font size is too large but i doubt that.

6. (more of an extension to 3.) Some pages cant have their fonts increased
with increase and decrease fontsize. http://www.tweakers.net is one of
these pages, what causes this ?

The third one is most annoying to me personally ;) Anyway thanks in
advance for whoever looks into this and thanks for this great program,

Otto