List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] Back/Forward Toolbar Buttons With RTL Languages
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-12-16 15:22:28

On Sunday 16 December 2001 15:54, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > There might be another solution. See my commit to KStdGuiItem:
> >
> > static KGuiItem KStdGuiItem::back( bool useBidi = true );
> > static KGuiItem KStdGuiItem::forward( bool useBidi = true );
> >
> > This gives application developers the choice. I guess that would please
> > everyone, including you. Right? ;-)
>
> Yes, I like that :-)

For those not reading kde-cvs: Simon correctly pointed out that using a bool
is less readable in the long run than an enum. I have patched KStdGuiItem
again locally to use an enum, but as I am rebuilding all of qt/kdelibs now it
will take some time before I know if it compiles and doesn't contain typos.

Hmm... this change is not binary compatible, but the current version has been
in CVS for only some 12 hours now. Still, I guess I have to wait for BIC day
before committing?

Martijn