List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror 2.2.2: slow operation
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-11-30 19:37:32

On Friday 30 November 2001 20:29, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> Dear David FAURE,
>
> thank you very much for your fast response to my problem.
>
> Yes, Klipper was running, and causing this strange behavior!
> After deactivation of Klipper Konqueror works very fast again.
> I have rebooted and log in again without runnig Klipper, and
> Konquerer is fast from the begining!
>
> Yes, I use QT 2.3.2. Here is the output of RPM:
> salewski@icas8:~/Software/KDE-NOV-2001/Base> rpm -qp qt.rpm
> qt-2.3.2-24
>
> I guess this problem will concern other people too, so maybe you should
> make an anouncement. I have done a google-search about this problem, but
> found no results.

We recommend Qt 2.3.1 to be used with KDE-2.2.2, since Qt 2.3.2 has
known issues (not only that one, also the K menu not closing problem).
That's already announced, it's in the 2.2.2 announcement.
IIRC Qt 2.3.1 didn't lead to this clipboard problem.

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops