List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KFM cursor focus problem
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-11-29 0:07:25

On Thursday 29 November 2001 00:56, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> [RH7.2, KDE 2.2.2, XFree 4.10]

Most important information missing: Qt version ?

> I open a KFM to manage some files. I want to rename them using only the
> keyboard.
>
> I highlight the first one with [space] and press [F2], edit name and
> [Enter]
>
> I down-arrow to the next file but the highlight stays with the previous
> one and [F2] tries to rename it again.
>
> OK, I arrow up and [space] to clear the highlighting, then arrow down and
> [space] to highlight the next file.
>
> Press [F2] and the cursor is now in the Location field, sometimes at the
> beginning, sometimes at the end.

Can't reproduce with Qt3, I vaguely recall such problems with a particular version
of Qt 2 - try using another version of Qt (for instance 2.3.0 or 2.3.1 should be the best ones,
2.3.2 has an annoying popupmenu bug)

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops