List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    How to implement password manager?
From:       Tim Jansen <tim () tjansen ! de>
Date:       2001-11-28 8:19:26

Hi...

Looking at the KDE sources, I wonder how and especially where to implement a
Mozilla-like password manager. I can see two possibilities:
- do it in konqueror. When the html view is used the DOM interfaces are used
to scan all forms and to restore their values. When the form is submitted
konqueror must somehow intercept this and store the values of the submitted
form. I couldn't find out whether it is possible to set a "onSubmit" event
handler with the C++ DOM interface, is this currently possible? And do I see
it correctly that there is currently no dependency at all between khtml and
konqueror (no special code in konq only for khtml pages)?
The advantage of this solution is that it keeps "higher-level" functionality
out of khtml. The disadvantage is that it is the first (??) case where there
is special code for handling HTML pages in Konqueror. Intuitively I would
prefer this solution.
- do it in khtml. The implementation would be similar, but completely inside
khtml.

Which would be the right way (and, should I write the patch, have a chance of
making it into CVS)?

bye...