List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: Opera mouse gestures in Konqueror
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-11-26 15:23:31

On Monday 26 November 2001 10:13, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> >     Now about the patch. Ever since Opera started implementing mouse
> > gestures in their browser (http://www.opera.com/windows/mouse.html) I
> > wanted to have them in Konqueror. The new feature 'Right click goes back
> > in history' of KDE 3 is useful but it is nothing compared to mouse
> > gestures. Earlier this week, I decided to give the implementation of
> > mouse gestures in Konqueror a try. I implemented back and forward mouse
> > gestures in this patch

Hmm, there is kgesture, which is a separate application and can control other
apps via DCOP. If that is too limiting, what about making a library out of
it, additionally? That's IMHO better that hardcoding a few gestures into a
single application (although for a very short-term solution, that might be
ok).

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer