List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Table rendering problem, feature or normal ?
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2001-11-24 12:09:35

Hi

On Saturday 24 November 2001 14:30, Vadim Plessky wrote:

> Note also that I tested your example in Opera5/Linux, and rendering in
> Opera was exactly like in Konqueror. (ok, Opera is also broken, both Opera
> and KTHML need to fix this)
> Anyway, I have a workaround for you - see below.

Thanks for the work around examples

> |   I know it should be  done with one table instead of many (perhaps
> | rendering speed up on some browsers), but I found this kind of code in
> | some webapplications we use at work and it only seems to break in konqy.
>
> As I said, it's also broken in Opera5.

If I remember correcly, another developer told me, that large tables are slow,
that's why he made each line a table (in the real website, there are about 50
lines)

> Rendering of tables in Konqueror seems pretty fast for me.
> What kind of hardware do you use?
> (if you run Mozilla, I guess you have at least 64MB of RAM, am I correct?)

128 / 192 MB Ram, Celeron 700 / 500

> My stress-test examples show that Mozilla is slower on tables than Konq,
> while IE is faster. Let me know if you are interested to see those
> testcases.

It would be nice, If you could send me those stresstest files.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger