List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: SPAN display: inline/block?
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-11-22 22:07:07

On Thursday 22 November 2001 17:28, Thomas Schilling wrote:
|   I noticed that Konqueror started a new block before a longer SPAN-element
| (i used a bullet list inside). I'm not sure how a span with a block-element
| inside should be rendered correctly but it wasn't the way I thought it

IIRC block-elements are not allowed inside inline-elements (SPAN is an inline
element)
The only good solution to combine *the best of two worlds* is to use
{ display: inline-block } from CSS3.

I filed a Wishlist for this property to be added into KHTML as BR #33860.
In the mean time, you can try this property using MS IE6/Win or MacIE5 (*not*
IE5/Win!)

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)