List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: SVG implementation in KDE [Fwd: Re: Opacity 0-1: Bad Idea?]
From:       "rwlbuis () wanadoo ! nl" <rwlbuis () wanadoo ! nl>
Date:       2001-11-12 14:24:55

> I am wondering what is the current state of KDE's SVG support, and wether
> KDE/Konq should be added to the list of programs supporting SVG?
> In case we have SVG support working, we should inform about it Chris Lilley
> and, may be, W3C SVG Working Group.

There is ksvg in kdenonbeta which is going to be a konq plugin svg viewer
at least. At the moment it is good in things qt provides (basic drawing ops, styling, \
transformations) and not so good at=  things qt isn't that good at yet(opacity, \
filter effects, animation, advanced text handling). You can have a look in cvs=  or \
talk to us in #ksvg ofcourse. We will gladly answer your  questions ;)
I think contact with Chris Lilley has already been established.

Cheers,

Rob.