List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH KonqPluginInterface Second try
From:       Holger Freyther <freyther () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-10-30 17:32:36

On Tuesday 30 October 2001 18:17, David Faure wrote:
> On Mardi 30 Octobre 2001 18:00, Holger Freyther wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Recently I talked a lot with Simon to make the PluginInterface fitting
> > better in KDE.
> > This new enchanged PluginInterface supports creating a GUI without the
> > uglynes of calling things with the parent pointer.
> > I created a class called KonqXMLGUIClient which helps to manipulate the
> > XMLGUI better or can use setXMLFile in the plugin to setup the gui or you
> > can still use the popup-> Pointer.
> > How to write a plugin?
> > You need to inherit KonqPopupMenuPlugin and set up all the stuff
> > neceassry in the constructor. A no use plugin will come shortly
> > afterward.
> > There are still some design questions left please look at the source.
> > I think it's ready to commit. If some questions are left just mail me
>
> Looks quite good, only very few remarks:
> - I thought you decided to get rid of XMLGUIFinished() ?
> - kURL() is usually url() in the rest of the KDE API,
> and kfileItemList would be fileItemList() or fileItems()
> - Why make those 3 methods virtual ? I don't think anyone
> is going to derive from KonqPopupMenu, since konq and kdesktop create
> KonqPopupMenu directly....
> - I agree with your commented out "delete factory" etc. I've been telling
> Simon about those possible leaks too ;). Actually all your factory code
> could be reduced to a single line, using the new stuff from Simon in
> kdecore/kgenericfactory.h. But feel free to commit as is and let Simon
> convert it afterwards if you want ;) - Don't commit pics/.cvsignore, it
> needs to remain ;)
> - Thanks for going as far as adding entries to the DESIGN file.
> - Do you want a CVS account ? You don't seem to have one. If you want one,
> send me an encrypted (MD5 or crypt) password (such as those in
> /etc/shadow).
>
> Thanks for your contribution !
I'm not able to commit.
I have no account and kde.org email adress
I will change these things before I commit. So I should delete the factory
and all those stuff. I will try to move to the Factory made by Simon.

--
Kwebsuite http://kwebsuite.sf.net Holger Freyther alias zecke(123)
freyther@yahoo.com