List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH KonqPluginInterface Second try
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-10-30 17:17:10

On Mardi 30 Octobre 2001 18:00, Holger Freyther wrote:
> Hi all,
> Recently I talked a lot with Simon to make the PluginInterface fitting better
> in KDE.
> This new enchanged PluginInterface supports creating a GUI without the
> uglynes of calling things with the parent pointer.
> I created a class called KonqXMLGUIClient which helps to manipulate the
> XMLGUI better or can use setXMLFile in the plugin to setup the gui or you can
> still use the popup-> Pointer.
> How to write a plugin?
> You need to inherit KonqPopupMenuPlugin and set up all the stuff neceassry in
> the constructor. A no use plugin will come shortly afterward.
> There are still some design questions left please look at the source.
> I think it's ready to commit. If some questions are left just mail me

Looks quite good, only very few remarks:
- I thought you decided to get rid of XMLGUIFinished() ?
- kURL() is usually url() in the rest of the KDE API,
and kfileItemList would be fileItemList() or fileItems()
- Why make those 3 methods virtual ? I don't think anyone
is going to derive from KonqPopupMenu, since konq and kdesktop create
KonqPopupMenu directly....
- I agree with your commented out "delete factory" etc. I've been telling Simon
about those possible leaks too ;). Actually all your factory code could be reduced
to a single line, using the new stuff from Simon in kdecore/kgenericfactory.h. But
feel free to commit as is and let Simon convert it afterwards if you want ;)
- Don't commit pics/.cvsignore, it needs to remain ;)
- Thanks for going as far as adding entries to the DESIGN file.
- Do you want a CVS account ? You don't seem to have one. If you want one,
send me an encrypted (MD5 or crypt) password (such as those in /etc/shadow).

Thanks for your contribution !

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops