List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH adds PluginInterface to KonqPopupMenu
From:       Holger Freyther <freyther () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-10-30 12:50:36

On Tuesday 30 October 2001 13:41, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> > > Wouldn't KActionMenu::insert( KActionMenu * ) just be like
> > > action->popup()->insertItem( otherActionMenu->popup(), ... ) ?
> >
> > I wrote the first part, read more Kaction sources and added some stuff to
> > the paragraph above.
> > The way you described will sure work but
> > action->insert( otherActionMenu ); looks cleaner or doesn't it?
>
> Hm, ok, we already have popup( const QPoint & ) , so I guess another
> stub doesn't hurt. Hmmm, I agree on an insert( KActionMenu * ) stub
> (David, what do you think?) , but I don't think we should add signal
> forward to KActionMenu (like forwarding the aboutToShow() signal
>
> >from the popup menu) - we have the popupMenu() accessor for a reason
The signals Martijn and me was talking about should belong to KAction.
Martijn proposed signals like LeftClick, LeftBoubleClick, MiddleClick,
RightClick.
Off Topic:
Do you know the qext-taskbar in kdevelop2? on a right click you will see a
popupmenu it would be cool to have a function like this in KAction. I would
like this Action to be used in Konsole ( currently using KRadioAction) if
there would be a signal like rightClick we could connect to it and show a
popupmenu at the current QPoint?

--
Kwebsuite http://kwebsuite.sf.net Holger Freyther alias zecke(123)
freyther@yahoo.com