List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH adds PluginInterface to KonqPopupMenu
From:       Holger Freyther <freyther () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-10-30 11:10:17

On Tuesday 30 October 2001 11:40, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> > > I seriously hope no plugin will do that. I'll just mess up the
> > > merging and everything. But anyway, we can't prevent it,
> > > unfortunately.
> >
> > Fortunately I'm going to do this. You the disknavigator in kicker?
> > Actually I think something like Copy to -> and then the entries woud be
> > cool but to do initialize  every dir and add it to konqpopupmenu ist bit
> > to load intensive
> > I'm going to a dummy entry
> > and in slotXMLGUIFinished I'll replace my dummy entry with a real submenu
> > and adds the quick copy to it.
>
> That sounds like a hack to me. I think a better/cleaner approach is
> to utilize a KActionMenu for that. I don't think we should add a
> 'slotXMLGUIFinished' just for that.
Your're right- I didn't know about KActionMenu. I guess it's not working like
this. KAction menu isn't exporting any signals like AboutToShow so it's not
sufficent for my purpose. We could skip the slotXMLGUIFinished but then I
would connect the signal in the constructor of my plugin.
In a different thread I and Martijn talked about KActions. My post was called
Kde3 ideas or something like this. It would be good fi KActions could export
some signals. but it's off topic ( I would like to add it)
Oj just read KActionMenu I'm able to retrieve the submenu.
Couldn't there be a function like KActionMenu::insert( KactionMenu* ...). I
know I could down_cast KActionMenu... just an idea

> > Inheritance should be good
> > class KonqXMLManipulator : KXMLGUIClient {}
> > class KonqPopupMenu : KonqXMLManipulator : QPopupMenu {}
>
> Yup :) Maybe KonqXMLManipulator doesn't even need to inherit from
> KXMLGUIClient (or does it need any specific functionality of
> KXMLGUIClient?)

I called it KonqXMLGUIClient : KXMLGUIClient. And it's needed and it's good
for a plugin too. I think it's eases some work.
I think the PluginInterface will be finished today.
cu Holger
--
Kwebsuite http://kwebsuite.sf.net Holger Freyther alias zecke(123)
freyther@yahoo.com