List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Obsolete old regex support?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-10-26 8:11:52

On Vendredi 26 Octobre 2001 02:24, Michael Bedy wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   It looks like it is necessary to use pcre's "native" interface to get
> the correct behaviour. So, the question is should I:
>
>   1) Go thorugh the trouble of maintaining both interfaces in the code via
>      ifdefs.
>   2) Disable regex support completely if you don't have pcre.
>   3) Make pcre a hard requirement.

From previous reports, I think we should make pcre mandatory.
If too many complain, we can still revert to 2).
(which is better than 1) in terms of maintainance, and also for sites that
use "if (window.Regexp)" to disable regexp stuff is not supported (I heard
there are such sites)).

BTW, hmm, better not commit anything to kjs HEAD, since the
KJS_NEW_API branch is the latest stuff... but I think it'll get
merged back into HEAD very shortly anyway.

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops