List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Obsolete old regex support?
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () ism ! nl>
Date:       2001-10-26 7:46:43

On Friday 26 October 2001 02:24, Michael Bedy wrote:
>   1) Go thorugh the trouble of maintaining both interfaces in the code via
>      ifdefs.
>   2) Disable regex support completely if you don't have pcre.
>   3) Make pcre a hard requirement.
>
>   Comments?

2 or 3. If you choose 2, issue a big fat warning after configure the same way
e.g. libxml2 gives a warning. I don't know what the effects are if regexp
support is not available, so I can't comment on whether making it a hard
requirement is better. If a lot of sites break without regexp we might better
make pcre obligatory.

Martijn