List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: ever spinning kde wheel
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-23 12:33:45

On Die, 23 Okt 2001, David Faure wrote:

> I thought the "let the wheel spin when there is a redirection" change
> was from Dawit himself ?

Not sure, would be wrong then.

> Well, to be constructive: what's the idea of the "the wheel spins on redirection"
> change ? I guess there is more to it than that.... a one-day redirection shouldn't
> let the wheel spin for a whole day, right ?

IMHO it should only spin when its loading a page. while the refresh timer is
running (and has not yet expired) it should show the stop button enabled,
but nothing more.

BTW, does KAction support two icons? we should change the look of the stop
button to something that tells the user "this will stop the redirection, not
the loading of the page, as the latter has already finished" in such a case.

something like a combination of the reload and the stop button, which should
be intuitive to "stop reload" ?

Dirk