List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Modified Konqueror
From:       Roberto Teixeira <maragato () conectiva ! com ! br>
Date:       2001-10-17 11:50:12

Em Wednesday 17 October 2001 08:49, David Faure escreveu:
> On Mercredi 17 Octobre 2001 04:47, Aviram Alkalay wrote:
> > Folks, we are working on a project for a big supermarket in Brazil. We are
> > planing to run RedHat Linux 7.1 (Konqueror 2.1) on every supermarket's
> > Points Of Sale (checkout) machine.

Cool! I hope there's one of these around here :)

> Yes and no. Konqueror has a fullscreen mode, as you have certainly seen,
> and you can activate it with DCOP, doing
> dcop konqueror  'konqueror-mainwindow#1' activateAction fullscreen
>
> However the user will be able to exit the fullscreen mode using the
right-mouse-button,
> but you can easily disable that using konqview's enablePopupMenu(false).
> Hmm, but how to get hold of the KonqViewIface dcop interface ? I think you
need to
> call dcopObject() in the KonqView::KonqView constructor, after
m_dcopObject=0.
> Whoever added that dcop call is certainly on kfm-devel and will be able to
comment,
> hopefully ;)

Please correct me if I am wrong, but what I believe Aviram wants is to have a
konqueror that won't let the user do _anything_ else than using that
konqueror in _one_ specific set of pages. If that's the case, I've tried that
in the past and came with the conclusion that it is not very easy (if not
impossible in the current state of konq).

All is not lost though as you can still write a simple khtml application to do
that. Then you'd still have to disable Ctrl-tab and all those other
keybindings in KDE, but that's easy, I think.

Don't forget to come up with some way to disable this "lock mode" :-)

--
maragato@conectiva.com | maragato@kde.org

OpenPGP pub key: 0x140432C6
Fingerprint: 4AD2 28FF 3D30 51E4 F84B  E9C3 176D 98D8 1404 32C6