List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: konqueror leak? (fwd)
From:       Andreas Hochsteger <e9625392 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       2001-10-12 18:46:33

Hi!

On Thursday, 11. October 2001 16:52, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Mit, 10 Okt 2001, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > I used to have the LAN monitoring tool on our company intranet open until
> > I discovered the same. It looks to me that it is either caused by the
> > animated gifs that try to pull my attention if a server has a new event.
> > If I leave a static page open for days I don't get the same problem,
> > which makes me think this. But even so, it's only guessing. Also, I don't
> > know if the problem persists with current KHTML. Due to the problems I
> > stopped leaving the window open at the end of the day.
>
> it would be easier to find out if a sample of those webpages is available.

I usually have my desktop running for one to two weeks on my Athlon 1GHz and
256MB RAM whithout restarting it until konqueror gets so slow and eats up all
the memory.

I noticed, that if I have this page (http://www.oeamtc.at/) open over the
night or the weekend that sometimes the system hangs due to no memory
available.

I think the problem is the JavaScript ticker, which is changing the message
every few seconds. I also noticed, that even MSIE 5 and Netscape 4.7x have
the same problems on Windows with the same page.

Prehaps you want to use this page as testcase.

--
Bye,
	Andreas