List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: "Click and Scroll" in konqueror
From:       Alexander Kellett <kelletta () eidetica ! com>
Date:       2001-09-25 21:31:25

[i've forwarded to kfm-devel as more people read that iirc]

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 04:25:31PM -0500, Warren Turkal wrote:
> Speaking of this, the middle button is a bad choice. I like being able
> to paste URL's into Konq's window and them come up. There is no reson
> for this feature when you have a scroll wheel. Make it as an option
> maybe?

alt possibly?
sideways scrolling is nice anyway.
possibly alt-wheel should scroll horiz?

> I am also missing the mouse button 6 and 7 that should be usable in
> KDE. I would love to be able to go back and forth like in IE with the
> side buttons on my Intellimouse Explorer.
> Warren

good idea.

the most difficult part of this is the setup in x, are you sure xev
shows the correct events for those buttons?

after that it should be pretty easy, no?

mvg,
Alex

p.s: if you're stuck with the above x thing, just mail private
--
Eidetica                                           kelletta@eidetica.com
Kruislaan 400                               tel +31 20 888 4090 fax 4001

vim: tw=70 cindent!