List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: CSS Media="print" support problems
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () ism ! nl>
Date:       2001-09-24 8:48:44

On Sunday 23 September 2001 14:10, Lars Knoll wrote:
> Hope the above helps you here.

Certainly. Will look into this. Are you available for any questions I might
have or is the list preferred for that?

> It doesn't break binary compatibitly, as the *Impl classes (and the
> CSSStyleSelector) are the only placesyou should neeed to change the API,
> and tehse ones are internal to khtml. But still I don't want these features
> to come into the 2.2 branch. It's amajor feature change and chances are
> very high it'll break something at the beginning. Correctly parsing style
> sheets is a rather tricky thing.

Hmm... that's true. Is it possible to run HEAD khtml with 2.2 KDE ? IIRC
there are #ifdefs in khtml to allow this but I am not sure.

> You have to, as the license says. LGPL means that your company needs to
> open source all changes you made to khtml (for whatever reason you did so).
> Only things that are in a different library or in the app itself can be
> kept close.

Heh, you misunderstood me here :-)
I know what LGPL means for licensing. What I meant was that it would be
perfectly possible (and legal) for our app to write special proprietary
printing code at the application level instead of changing KHTML. Our app is
a bit special and does not _require_ the changes to be in khtml. It's my
personal preference to give parts of my work back to the community so
everyone can benefit from it.

And I am lucky that my boss gives me a decent bit of freedom to do so. Not
unlimited freedom, though.

Anyway, I'll look into the DOM specs once I've dug through my remaining mail.

Martijn