List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: keditbookmarks query
From:       Alexander Kellett <kelletta () eidetica ! com>
Date:       2001-09-17 13:42:32

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 01:04:02AM +0200, David Faure wrote:
> Hmm, did you use Bcc or is kmail nuts ? I see "To: kde-devel" but
> this is kfm-devel......

oh, sorry, i bounced it after remebering where it should have gone :)

> Actually this should be quite simple, no ?
> But somehow this means, instead of adding the bookmark itself, the
> konqueror instance that wants a new bookmark, would ask keditbookmarks
> to take care of it......

Ah, thats a nice idea. The way i'd thought of was much more complex...
I'll have a go at implementing this at some point this week...

BTW, is anyone working on the import of native bookmarks as I noticed
the export commit last week to HEAD but i'd really like to get working
import and export on 2.2. I'd also be interested in getting IE and
Opera importing working if i've got the time.

> I wouldn't have the time to do any of those anyway. But I'd be happy
> to assist you doing either one.

Thanks very much for the offer, though i'll hopefully not need the help ;-)

> Thinking about it, the 2nd one (with the simple algo for finding where
> to put the bookmark) should be both easy and best for the user.

Yup, thats the best one by far imo, and hopefully your idea
above is simple enough for even me to implement ;-)

> The only problem is to know when to pass the request to keditbookmarks.
> But for that, asking the dcopserver if keditbookmarks is running gives
> the answer. If you know DCOP, this should be quite easy.

Well, i know a little, but what i don't know I can always learn ;)

> Please consider trying this and requesting more info if necessary.
> Otherwise, bugs.kde.org is a good idea indeed.

hehe, if I give up in a few weeks you're sure to see the wishlist
item at some point ;)

thanks for the reply,
Alex
--
Eidetica                                           kelletta@eidetica.com
Kruislaan 400                               tel +31 20 888 4090 fax 4001