List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Feature request: need to know about kio slave calls
From:       Wolfgang Mueller <Wolfgang.Mueller () cui ! unige ! ch>
Date:       2001-09-17 12:27:21

On Sunday 16 September 2001 19:02, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Dienstag, 11. September 2001 09:49 Wolfgang Müller wrote:
> > To provide such functionality it would be good not only to know which
> > pages have been viewed using konqueror, but also to track movments of
> > files (we do not want to reindex the home every 10 minutes just to find
> > out file movements).
>
> For page views, there could be a DCOP signal in KonqHistoryManager, for
> file moves, there is KDirNotify. This will only tell you about moves done
I see.

> with KDesktop or Konqueror tho. Hmm, wondering if KDirNotify should be
> turned into DCOPSignals as well to not wake up every application registered
> with DCOPServer (it's a broadcast, currently).

Sounds reasonable.

> > So, basically I would like to incorporate into kde/konqueror some plugin
> > structure which permits plugging software into the konqueror that tracks
> > certain signals within the konqueror. Mostly I would be interested in
> > kalls to kioslaves.
>
> To catch those signals, you don't even need to plug yourself into
> konqueror. Any application could catch those signals. Maybe a hook directly
> into KIO would be better tho, if you want to be independent of konqueror?

Surely, that would be better.

In any case, I would like to try the quickest solution, even if knonqui-only
might be not the best thing, if it's quicker, I would like to do it to have
something working soon.

How do I get the said signals? Where is The FM I can Read?

Cheers and thanks,
Wolfgang

--
Dr. Wolfgang M&uuml;ller, assistant == teaching assistant
Personal page: http://cui.unige.ch/~vision/members/WolfgangMueller.html