List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: using qcom interfaces wit parts (was Re: Plugins for non-major Parts)
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-13 15:46:54

Forget my monologue ;) This is the last mail I'll write on
this, I promi^H^H^Hhope :) . I made up my mind and I'll just
add a virtual QUnknownInterface *qcomInterface() method to
PartBase (unless someone objects, of course) . The component
itself has to take care then that multiple calls to that function
return the same value, and it will have to do the cast when
using multiple inheritance as well. It seems there's no way
to simplify this even further by doing things in the base classes
without shooting in the own knee (breaking QI semantics or breaking
refcounting) .

Bah ;-)

Simon