List:       keepalived-devel
Subject:    Re: [Keepalived-devel] One vrrp_script in multiple vrrp_instances
From:       Brad Schick <schickb () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-14 17:00:27

Thanks for the feedback.

> > I am using a simple "killall -0 haproxy" vrrp_script to change priority. But I am \
> > finding that if I have multiple vrrp_instances use the same script it only seems \
> > to have an effect on one of them. If I duplicate the script, with a different \
> > name of course, and use that in the second instance it works as expected.
> maybe sometimes it does.

Not sure what you are saying. Seems like two unrelated scripts would always work. Or \
are you saying on scripted used in two places sometimes works? Under what conditions? \
I've never seen it work.

> > It would be nice to just declare a single vrrp_script and use it in multiple \
> > instance. Any way to make that work? Running 1.2.0 on Ubuntu 10.04
> I aggree. But the way should be a vrrp_script per sync_group.

In my case that would work. Although in general, I don't think using vrrp_sync_group \
for this should be required. It seems reasonable to have a single script (for \
example, something that checked CPU load) that was used in multiple vrrp_instances to \
change priority, but did not necessarily cause all of them to failover at once.

-Brad