List:       kdevelop-devel
Subject:    Re: debugger
From:       falk.brettschneider () gmx ! de
Date:       2003-02-03 7:32:35

> Hi,
>
> since our debugger seems pretty much unmaintained, I was looking for
> alternatives and found that kdbg has a pretty good debugger.
>
> I talked to Johannes and although he doesn't want to work on gideon he
> wouldn't mind if we use his code. Since the debugger is pretty modular, it
> is
> not a big problem to extract it from kdbg's gui.
>
> Does anyone mind (John?) if I replace the existing debugging code with
> kdbg's?
I very object if that new code still fails to handle the "Break on loading a
shared lib during stepping" problem. This once was the annoying problem that
keeps me away from kdbg. For instance debugging Gideon would be a pain with
that missing feature.
On the other hand I would be glad to see local variables again in the var
tree.

Cheers
F@lk