List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: Gratulation
From:       Ralf.Gerlich () t-online ! de (Ralf Gerlich)
Date:       1999-05-26 14:35:40

Hi!

Jörn, I got some answers for you but first let me translate what you said
for the others(I think your laudation is important for the authors :-):

Hello!

First I want to tell you that I have been searching very long for a tool
like KDevelop.
I'm using it regularly and I am very satisfied with it.
Anyway nothing is perfect 8o), e.g. I'm missing an interface to CVS, so I
don't have to do my version control manually.
Also I don't know what directory the wizard needs for generating the
kdelib-docs, a little online-help here wouldn't be bad.
It would be nice, when you could give me some tips for these things, but it
isn't necessary for my survival.
What a feeling, never Xemacs again, manually creating Makefiles....

Congratulations from Ilmenau

Whenever you've got sorrow, write to Mr. ..... tomorrow (you need to
explain that sentence a bit further I think :-)

I apologize for my bad translation but I think I got the point.

Now about your questions:
As far as I know work on CVS is planned or even in progress already.
The wizard, you probably meant the setup-wizard, needs the directory where
the kdelibs-sources reside in. You need to download them from www.kde.org
and pass their directory to the wizard. It'll generate a HTML documentation
of the basic KDE classes.

Adding to that I would like to say that I never thought of Xemacs as a
plague but I'm happy that there's KDevelop because it's much better. ;-)

BTW: Thomas, could you please translate your french passage. I don't speak
french but I understood s.th. like "If everyone from all around the world
would write in his/her own language .... this is getting ridiculous." Was
that the point?

Ciao,
Ralf

["Ralf.Gerlich.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]