List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: Installing kdevelop
From:       Ralf Nolden <Ralf.Nolden () post ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       1999-03-29 21:42:58

Alexander Raimondi wrote:

> Hi
>
> We are trying to instal kdevelop at our institut, but we don't want it
> to write into the kde-diretory...
>
> Is there a possibility to install it in a plain dir ( e. g. ~/kdevelop )
> without having write access to the kde dir
>
> Thank
>
> alex
The only way to do that would be to copy the complete KDEDIR to your
home dir and set the KDEDIR environment variable to that location and
then install kdevelop. This is necessary because kdevelop needs kdoc to
be installed as well as access to the pixmaps and the documentation.
Also make sure your system has glimpse installed, otherwise you will
lack a BIG feature...

I think it would be easier to persuade your system admin to do a quick
"make install" of kdevelop. MUCH easier ;-)...

Cheers,

Ralf