List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Class Parsing
From:       Justin F Knotzke <shampoo () cam ! org>
Date:       1999-03-09 15:10:31

	First off, congrats on the latest version of kdevelop. I think calling
it Alpha does not do it justice at all it. It seems quite stable to me
and has many many features.

	At what point does KDevelop parse the source files to show the
variables and methods in a class? I had mistakingly copied and pasted a
group of methods in a class so that the same group of methods appeared
three times.

	ie:

	void setFoo() {..};
	void setFoo() {..};
	void setFoo() {..};

	The methods were all listed in the tree (one time only) but when I
double clicked on them (or any other in that class), nothing would
happen. I had to go to the file view tab to access my class. I am sure
that my inability to access the methods in were due in fact to my
mistake of having copied the same method over three times. However,
after having corrected the problem, I was still not able to double click
on the tree to get access to my methods. I tried compiling, saving all,
closing KDevelop, and re-adding the file (which failed since it already
existed).

	And finally, is there a way to remove a file from a project?

	Thanks again and job well done.

	Justin Knoetzke

--
Justin F Knotzke