List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: Wrong jpeg version
From:       Stefan Heidrich - DI <sheidric () rz ! uni-potsdam ! de>
Date:       1999-03-09 15:41:21

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, you wrote:
>I get this when ever I try to run kdevelop. I have tried over and over to
>correct this problem and I cant seem to get it to work.
>I have ofcoarse followed  requirements (I hope)
>

>This is the error I get:
>Wrong JPEG library version: library is 61, caller expects 62

Hi  Daniel!

Some people have this problem.
There are 2 ways.

1. : When the kdelibs are installed it installs header files for the jpeg
libraries, these are version 61,  however most distributions (Redhat) use
version 62 libraries. To fix  this just remove jpeglib.h from /opt/kde/include.
The pukka include  file for version 62 should then be picked up. However
looking at the  error message above it may be the other way round, in any case
ensure  you only have on version of the header file, the library and that  they
are consistent.

It is useful to use the locate command to verify that I have
the correct version of a library and header files e.g.
updatedb
locate libjpeg
locate jpeglib

2: You must recompiled kdesupport without jpeg
library (configure --with-libjpeg --with-libgif).

BTW: These two ways came on the mailinglist,
and i have take it from there

Bye
Stefan