List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: Design of register/memory viewers
From:       leonp () plris ! com
Date:       2005-08-31 15:10:33

On Wednesday, 31 בAugust 2005 17:40, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to get some user suggestions on register/memory displays.
>
> In current KDevelop, those are part of "Viewers" window. The first \
> problem is that the window is modal. The second problem is that it's not \
> dockable.
The first problem is a serious one as no stepping can be done and  changing \
is  not visible.
The second is not a problem for me, but may be even an advantage.

> For register view, I have two alternatives:
> 1. Create another window (near the "variables" view), that would display
> registers
> 2. Show registers in the "variables" view -- add new top-level item, and
> make register children of that item.
>
> For memory, I can think only about creating another window. It can have
> "start/end" input boxes just like current memory viewer, or it can have
> tabs, allowing to view several memory regions at the same time.
Several memory views is great and very useful. I should like to see also
smaller font in memory window (now it is too large and requires significant \
 expansion to see the values) and ability to change between dec, hex, ASCII \
 presentations.

Thanks for your efforts.
--
Leon