List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Design of register/memory viewers
From:       Vladimir Prus <ghost () cs ! msu ! su>
Date:       2005-08-31 14:40:39

Hi,
I would like to get some user suggestions on register/memory displays.

In current KDevelop, those are part of "Viewers" window. The first problem \
is  that the window is modal. The second problem is that it's not dockable.

For register view, I have two alternatives:
1. Create another window (near the "variables" view), that would display
   registers
2. Show registers in the "variables" view -- add new top-level item, and
   make register children of that item.

For memory, I can think only about creating another window. It can have
"start/end" input boxes just like current memory viewer, or it can have \
tabs, allowing to view several memory regions at the same time.

Any comments or suggestions?

- Volodya

-
to unsubscribe from this list send an email to \
kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe \
»your-email-address«