List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: Akonadi server won't start
From:       Jan =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Neuh=E4u=DFer?= <j.neuhaeusser () freenet ! de>
Date:       2021-08-17 16:47:22

Am Dienstag, 17. August 2021, 18:27:27 CEST schrieb Thomas Tanghus:
> Hi Jan,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. It seems I have mariadb installed, but how do
> I check whether akonadi uses it? And switch packages?
>
> /Thomas

Hi Thomas,

there is no need to configure akonadi to use mariadb instead of mysql, applications \
or db-clients call both the same way. When mariadb is installed, softlinks will be \
set, so the applications "think" they are using mysql, but in reality it is mariadb.

The problem I had, was a version problem: akonadi cannot be run with mysql 8.x, one \
has to use mariadb instead (I do not know more details about the difference of these \
versions).

If you have mariadb installed, you have a different problem. You may check running \
"aptitude search mysql" resp. "aptitude search mariadb".

By "switch packages" I mean running aptitude and uninstall mysql and install mariadb \
instead.

Jan