List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kmail Bug 245943
From:       ianseeks <ianseeks () dsl ! pipex ! com>
Date:       2010-07-31 21:52:30

2010, ianseeks wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > DO you know how long it takes for the
guys to check bugs.kde.org for
> > new major bugs?
>
> Yes. It can take
forever. I'm serious. KMail is a volunteer-project and
> nobody is obliged
(because he is paid to do so) to check the bugs. Of
> course, this does not
mean that we ignore the bugs but there will always
> be times when bugs are
not looked at for a long time.
Thanks, i thought as much.

> > I've got a
weird one where kmail randomly does not download an
> > email from my POP3
mail box on my ISP's servers.  It creates a dummy
> > email with the
following data (number of UID35 lines can differ from
> > one to over 10)
>

> > ==============================
..snip...

> This looks like the reply
to a request for the list of message UIDs. It
> seems the POP server does
not behave as KMail expects and thus KMail
> confuses the server's reply for
a message.

> When did the bug first occur? After an upgrade of
KDE/KMail?

> Regards,
> Ingo

HI

I can't quite remember
specifically when it started but it was a few weeks ago. I use the opensuse
11.2 Factory repos but i've now gone back to the Stable repos but it doesn;t
seem to have made any difference.
I used the rebuild indexes option today
but so far i've not received any emails yet to see if that made a
difference. The rebuilding did cause a few emails to suddenly become
"unread" again.

Thanks for a response

regards

Ian