List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Remote calendar and addressbooks
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-17 17:23:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 17 Jan 2008, Andreas Petzold wrote:
> Hi Anne,
>
> Quoting Anne Wilson <cannewilson@googlemail.com>:
> > After getting a hard drive replacement I am struggling to get my laptop
> > running smoothly again.  One of my biggest headaches is that something
> > drastic seems to have changed in samba-client, and I can't get my remote
> > calendar and addressbook.
> >
> > When adding a resource, I see that one option is 'Calendar on IMAP server
> > via KMail'.  How does this work?  What do I need for it?
>
> I'm using IMAP resources for contacts, my calendar etc. for quite a
> while now, and it works fine. You don't need kolab for this!
>
> Let me describe my setup, so you can check whether this might be a
> solution you can use. It's a rather lengthy description, but if you
> get it working, it's really cool. I share the same address book,
> calendar etc. between all my kmail installations anywhere in the world
> and it works like a charm. I've never had any problems like data loss.
> The latter occurred frequently when sharing my address book via ssh
> (Network address book).
>
> * I use an online IMAP account for my regular email
>
> * I have configured a dIMAP account for the same user and server as
> the online IMAP account

Done

> * The dIMAP account does only subscribe to the groupware folders
> (contacts calendar etc.)

How/where does the subscribing happen?

> * The online imap account does not subscribe to the groupware folders
> (_local_ subscription to all email folders)

I assume this will become clear when I understand the previous issue :-)

> * In Configure Kontact -> Misc -> Groupware I've enabled the IMAP
> groupware functionality and I've set the "Resource folders are
> subfolders of" to the dIMAP account. In addition I've enabled "hide
> groupware folders" and "only show groupware folders for this account"

I have 'dIAMP Account' which is not showing anything under it, although it
sports a '-'.  I hope that's what you expect at this stage.

> * If "hide groupware folders" is enabled, the dIMAP account will not
> show up at all in the server pane. I was a bit confused by this the
> first few times I tried to setup the IMAP resource since folder
> subscriptions can only be changed when the account is visible in the
> server pane.

I think I've missed something there.  Un-checking those doesn't show anything
in the l.h. pane.

Looking forward to the next installment :-)

Anne