List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kontact and kde4
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-01-06 22:30:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 06 January 2008, kitts wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am currently running kde4 freshly compiled from svn (its slightly
> after the 4.0.0 tag) and i realize that kdepim is not part of the
> release because "it is not complete". However, i would like to know
> if this is the only reason? I would like to use kdepim from trunk but
> i need to know if the reasons for not being included were
> reliability, in which case i would take extra care or simply lacking
> polish or being feature incomplete?

All of the above.

> I am going to be testing it anyway and reporting bug along the way
> but i was not sure about how careful i need to be.

At the moment it's unclear (to me at least) whether testing kdepim and
reporting bugs makes that much sense given that we will (hopefully very
soon) replace the backend of most KDE PIM applications with Akonadi.

In any case, please be extra careful, i.e. make sure you have backups of
all your PIM data. To be honest, I'm still hesitating to let KMail mess
with my mail the main reason being that I'm very unsure about how
reliable it is.

Regards,
Ingo