List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] simple question about how to manage delivery
From:       Graeme Nichols <gnichols () tpg ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-01-06 1:03:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 05 January 2008 05:56:03 Robert Smits wrote:
>> On January 4, 2008 08:10:23 pm E. Hakan Duran wrote:
>>> Please don't get me wrong. As much as these 'features' are annoying, I
>>> still love the flexibility and customizability of kmail and enjoy most of
>>> its features. It is my favorite e-mail client. After all, this might just
>>> be a distribution limited issue as we discussed before. I just want to
>>> provide some feedback to the developers and hope to contribute to the
>>> improvement of it. Do you think any developers, bug hunters, etc. are
>>> monitoring this list? If not I really would like to let them know
>>> wherever they can be reached at.
>>>
>>> I posted to Mandriva forum a summary of our discussion here. So far there
>>> is only one reply stating something like "...no wonder why this didn't
>>> work for me before either".
>>>
>>> Hakan
>> And that's why I think there's a distribution dependant issue here
>> somewhere. I use Open Suse's version of KDEPIM 3.5.7 and can't duplicate
>> any of the problems. I can create a dist list in either kmail or the dist
>> list editor, and the list shows up in the kabc distlist file. Anne, perhaps
>> you can enter a bug at kde.org.
>>
> I could, but if this is truly distro-dependent it would be pointless.  It
> depends on us to find enough information for the distro packagers to isolate
> it.
>
> Hakan, (and maybe Graeme) - please do one test for me.  Create a list in
> Contacts (or check the name that you saved it under, if you already have
> one).  Open a composer window and in the To box enter the beginning of that
> name.  You should see it in the drop-down list.  In my case, I set up a list
> called Test.  In it I put my local mail address and my gmail address.  In
> the 'To' box I typed 'Te' and I could see the 'Test'.  I selected that, and
> sent the message.  Both the external and internal messages arrived correctly.

They do on my system as well (F8 KMail-1.9.6 (enterprise
0.20071012.724442) (Using KDE-3.5.8-7.fc8 Fedora).

I have not had a problem with getting Distribution Lists to work. They
work just fine when created. My *problem*, if you like, is that Kmail on
my system has some annoying features, but they can be easily worked
around, such as buttons that don't work, drop down lists that don't drop
down, menu items on a drop down list that don't work etc. Usability
issues really.

I don't worry too much about such things when I can easily work around
them but as Hakan seemed to be on his own I just thought he should be
supported as he obviously wasn't imagining his problems.

<snip>

--
Kind regards,

Graeme Nichols.