List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users]
From:       "E. Hakan Duran" <ehakanduran () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-05 4:10:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 04 January 2008 21:22:51 Graeme Nichols wrote:
> Hello Hakan, my apologies for mis-spelling your name.

No apology needed :).

> If I bring up Kaddressbook on its own my Distribution List *does not*
> show up *unless* I have the 'Settings' --> 'Show Extension' -->
> Distribution List Editor' box with a cross in it. The distribution list
> *does not* show up among the normal contacts. This, however, is not a
> show stopper as I always select my recipient from the select button in
> the Kmail composer and I created my distribution list in the
> distribution list editor. I *cannot* create a distribution list from the
> Contacts editor.

Same here.

> Another feature that doesn't appear to work on my install is the 'Store
> Contact In' button (like a blue telephone handset) on the tool bar.
> Clicking on it appears to do absolutely nothing.

Same here, too.

The new thing I discovered today is as follows: I tried to send an e-mail to
my distribution list that I created with kmail (not address book, therefore
it is listed in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/distlists file). I opened a new
message window, pushed the select button, saw my distribution list among the
list of contacts as double-pawns, green and blue (as you mentioned) clicked
on it and then the To button at the buttom of that window. The name of the
distribution list appeared in the To field (say MyList). Then I composed the
message and sent it. Few minutes later, I received a Delivery Failure notice
from the e-mail server. The returned message had "MyList@MyHost" in its To
field. In other words, instead of replacing the name of my distribution list
with the individual contacts, kmail just put an "@$hostname" to the end of
the name of my distribution list and sent it to the e-mail server.

Please don't get me wrong. As much as these 'features' are annoying, I still
love the flexibility and customizability of kmail and enjoy most of its
features. It is my favorite e-mail client. After all, this might just be a
distribution limited issue as we discussed before. I just want to provide
some feedback to the developers and hope to contribute to the improvement of
it. Do you think any developers, bug hunters, etc. are monitoring this list?
If not I really would like to let them know wherever they can be reached at.

I posted to Mandriva forum a summary of our discussion here. So far there is
only one reply stating something like "...no wonder why this didn't work for
me before either".

Hakan