List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] simple question about how to manage delivery
From:       "E. Hakan Duran" <ehakanduran () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-03 22:02:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 03 January 2008 16:09:23 Anne Wilson wrote:
> Robert, I have to add some weight to what Hakan wrote.  I created one list
> in Contacts and two in KMail.  Using the selection drop-down the way you
> suggest shows me the two that I created in KMail, but not the one I created
> in Contacts.  The Contacts Distribution List Editor shows only the list
> created in Contacts.  There doesn't seem to be any one place that shows all
> of them.

Thanks Anne. I was starting to feel really stupid. The distribution lists I am
creating in Contacts are saved in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf* files but
NOT in distlists file under the same directory. When browsing those
(std.vcf*) files, I can see the lists I created by Contacts as individual
entries with matching UIDs of individual members of that group listed after
a "X-KADDRESSBOOK-DistributionList:;" statement (such as
X-KADDRESSBOOK-DistributionList:;UID of contactA\,;UID of contactB\,;etc). On
the other hand, Kmail selects the Distribution Lists from the distlists file,
which is in the same directory as stated above. So, at least in my system,
the two databases seem to be different.

I am using Mandriva 2008 Powerpack with KDE 3.5.7 and Kmail 1.9.7. Maybe the
newer version that I am using has this bug?

Hakan