List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] simple question about how to manage delivery
From:       "E. Hakan Duran" <ehakanduran () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-03 7:26:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 03 January 2008 01:46:41 Robert Smits wrote:
> No it's not. Once you have defined a distribution list, shut down kontact
> and reboot. I think you will find your distribution list now. It is usually
> near the bottom of the selection of types of contacts. Choose distribution
> list and you should see the one you defined.

Well, I don't know if you meant to reboot the computer, but I shut down
kontact, ended the kde session and restarted a new kde session which didn't
help. I can see the distribution lists in the allocated pane in address book.
There is even a drop down list to select the particular distribution list you
have created before, but
1. There is no button in address book to create a new message to that list.
You can create new messages to individual contacts but not individual lists.
And the distribution lists only show on the allocated pane, not on the
contacts list. You've got to select it from the new message window.
2.I can NOT see the distribution lists that I created in kaddress book when I
use the Select button in the new message window. I make sure "All" is
selected in the "Address Book" labelled drop-down list at the top of that
window. I CAN only see the lists that I saved previously from the new message
window using Tools > Save Distribution List, but I can not delete, rename or
change them.

For Sinclair, I use Mandriva 2008 powerpack. You may be right, there might be
something wrong with my settings, I guess this is what I am trying to figure
out. I read all the text files in my .kde directory related to kmail and
kaddressbook
(~/.kde/share/config/kaddressbook_addrconfig, .../kaddressbookrc, .../kmail.eventsrc
and .../kmailrc). Icouldn't find anything to correct there.

I wonder which database is queried when you push the select button from the
new message window. It has to be somehow different than the database
kaddressbook reads/writes, at least in my situation.

I guess I can reboot the computer too, but I didn't do it before I wrote this
e-mail.

Thanks.

Hakan